Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A poem for my baby dessi up in heaven


I never had the chance
To hear you talk,
Our time ran out
Before you could walk.

You were born with wings
A sign we knew,
That the man upstairs
Would soon come for you.

They laid you in my arms
And I quietly mourned,
For my dark haired angel
That I had born.

I never had a chance
To see your eyes,
He took you away
With no time for good byes.

I think of you often
And wonder why,
I never had a chance
To hear your first cry.

You were a special little girl
An enchanting rose,
The moment I held you
Our time suddenly froze.

I never had the chance
To watch you grow,
Or hear your laugh
As we played in the snow.

I never had the chance
To give you a mother's love,
But I know you're always there
Watching over me from above.

1 comment: